If your company is wishing to send workers from a non-EU country to a branch inside the EU, our lawyers can help you apply for an Intra-Corporate Transfer Card. The ICT card allows companies according to § 19 German Residency Act (Aufenthaltsgesetz) to legally transfer employees from one branch of their business outside the EU to another one inside the EU.
The purpose is to provide an easy way in bringing managers, specialists as well as trainees to Europe. If you are looking to transfer an employee to the European Union, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Our lawyers are happy to provide you with thorough and personalized assistance concerning the issues specific to your case.
Prerequisites for applying for an ICT Card are:
- The applicant has already been employed for at least 6 months,
- They are not still in the probationary period of their work contract,
- The applicant is a non-EU citizen and is being transferred to a branch of the company in the European Union,
- They will be employed at the company throughout their entire stay,
- The applicant has a university/college degree or other proof of the required skillset,
- The contract duration is between 90 days and one year (for a trainee) and 90 days and three years (for a specialist or manager).
Please note, applications for an ICT-Card should be handed in 90 days in advance.
Contact us now. Our experienced legal team will be happy to take care of the application process for you.